1. History of Starbucks:
These are the sources you used for your report on the History of Starbucks. Create the MLA page for your project:
1. Most of your
information came from the book: The Story of Starbucks by Sara
Gilbert with a copyright date of 2008.
2. You used a website called Starbucks Coffee Company
which has the web address
3. You found information in a book with an ISBN number 9780313364587.
4. You found a journal article called "The Big Gulp at Starbucks” from Time
magazine author Barbara Kiviat. The magazine was issued on December 10,
2006. The article appears on pages 112 – 115.
5. You used an
image of Starbucks Coffee found at
2. Bill Gates
These are the sources you used for your report on Bill Gates. Create the MLA page for your project:
1. You gathered
facts from a biography called Bill Gates : A Twentieth Century Life
by Marc Aronson.
2. You used a biography website called biography.com for most of your report
on Bill Gates with the web address
3. You used a timeline from a book with the ISBN number 0822549492.
4. You gathered
information from a December 6, 2010 article in the New York
Times newspaper called “Bill Gates.” It was written by Andrew Council and was
found on page C4.
5. You used a
caricature of Bill Gates from the website found at
on the cover of your report.
3. Washington Apple Industry
These are the sources you used for
your report on the apple industry in
Washington State. Create the MLA page for your project:
1. You found a lot of useful information from a book with the ISBN number 1558682406.
2. You found statistics about the amount of acreage used for growing apples in Washington State from a website from Washington State University found at a website at http://www.agribusiness-mgmt.wsu.edu/AgbusResearch/Apple_Industry.htm
3. You used a book called Fruits and Berries of the Pacific Northwest by David C. Flaherty and Sue Ellen Harvey to help you report on the variety of apples that grow best in different parts of the state.
4. You used an image of a chart about the varieties of apples raised in Washington State from a website found at http://www.bestapples.com/varieties/availability.aspx
5. You read an article in the Seattle Times, written by staff reporter Lornet Turnbull called “Washington Apple Growers Scrambling to Find Workers.” It was located in section D1 of the October 30, 2011 edition.
4. Seattle Mariners
These are the sources you
used for your report on the Seattle Mariners. Create
the MLA page for your project:
1. Your first source was a book called The Story of the Seattle Mariners by
Sheryl Peterson that told the history of the Mariners from its first season
2. Next you went online and
found a lot of information from 1977 - present at
3. You were able to use some information about the Mariner’s first division title in a book with the ISBN number 1570613907.
4. You gathered information from Alice Henly’s blog entitled Seattle Business Magazine Selects Seattle Mariners Among the First “Washington Green 50”. This is a standard blog that was posted on September 26, 2011 on a website called Switchboard, sponsored by NRDC. The url for the website is
5. You used an image of the Seattle Mariners emblem used from 1980 – 1986 found at http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/2277