6th Grade Tech Arts Syllabus
Instructor: Brian Morris
* Learn access the WMS server, students individual folders, save and access students documents.
* Learn and design with SketchUp, 3D modeling software, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
* Follow on-line tutorials for SketchUp.
* Work responsibly on individual and/or group assignments/projects.
* Participate in all class activities with a positive attitude.
All students will be required to do several on-line tutorials to learn the SketchUp 3D modeling software. Assignments will be based on using this software (along with other software) integrated with other subject areas to enhance the students learning experience in those subject areas.
Grades will be based on students individual effort and quality on assignments/projects, quizzes and class participation/behavior. Each of these will be assigned a point value and the total points earned at the end of the quarter will determine your grade. Each student will start with 100 participation/behavior points. These points can be lost by not cooperating or being off task in class. You cannot get these points back once they are lost.
Points are weighted in four areas:
10%--Computer Lab/SketchUp Efficiency
Students are expected to be working everyday - three days of not working will result in lowering students grade a half grade. Ex.- If a student earned a B grade but did not work for three days during the quarter she/he will receive a B- for their final grade.
1. Follow directions the first time they are given.
2. Be in class and seated when the bell rings. You get 3 tardies with no consequences for the quarter. All following tardies will result in a clean-up job in the shop to be done during that class period.
3. Walk, don’t run in the lab.
4. Clean up all class/lab work before leaving. Instructor will dismiss the class. NOT the bell.
5. Ask permission before leaving classroom.
2. Loss of points/assigned a clean-up job.
3. Detention - After or before school with instructor. One half hour.
4. Detention and call home.
5. Send to vice-principal and #4.